Business Focus Shift & Surging Demand
Fleet Fueling Card & Information Processor
- Organization Design to Support Strategy - Market development and product management activities were centralized into departments focused on these strategic issues. Management and coordination of sales functions were consolidated into a single department, focused on optimizing sales strategies. Customer service activities were consolidated into a single department, focused on supplying superior service through a “single customer service window.” The Human Resources functions were given a prominent position in the organization to support the strategic nature of human resources development.
- Quality Improvement - Service quality was improved by eliminating the multiple contact points that customers and partners had within the client organization. Quality was improved by clarifying job responsibilities and establishing accountability for all processes within the company.
- Management Process - Key Performance Indicators were established, allowing management to view and react to the performance of the organization.
- Established the Capacity Model discipline for allocating human resources. This was a key to improving productivity for volume absorption.
- Developed the Business Planning Model to be used to link the Strategic Plan, the Financial Plan, the Capacity Model, and the Production MIS system.
- Documented job descriptions in order to clarify roles of management and employees.
As a result of the successful implementation of recommended changes, the client was able to absorb a 100% increase in volume with no increase in staffing levels.